Hello lovelies! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! After my boyfriend kindly ditched me for his new love – GTA V (*dull face*), I had to figure out what to do and of course what better thing to do on a Sunday evening than throwing a pamper session! I made my favorite DIY mask with dark chocolate and sea salt, which makes my skin so soft and smooth and it’s the perfect pick-me-up for the upcoming week.
This home-made mask is pretty easy to make but at the same time will work wonders for your skin. I love how amazing my skin feels after treating it with this loveliness. For a few years now, many skin care specialists claim that the chocolate is actually quite beneficial for the skin. It is rich in minerals and antioxidants, which help our skin cells regenerate faster and also reduces any redness. Furthermore, it improves the blood circulation and hydrates. Believe it or not, the chocolate is also known to protect against the dangerous UV rays! Pretty amazing you’d say. Don’t start licking your fingers just yet though because all of those benefits are only proven to work if the chocolate is dark, with more than 70& cocoa in it. Not exactly yummy but perfect to melt and splash onto your skin! :) Another key ingredient in this mask is sea salt. It is again, rich in minerals. It softens and firms the skin as well as detoxifies it. It cleanses the skin deeply and removes the dead skin cells. Brilliant.
My cosmetician, who was the one who introduced me to this mask, said that it is suitable for all skin types, which is great! I use it every time I fancy something more special and chemicals-free. As I said, it hydrates and leaves my skin feel incredible soft and smooth and at the same time it is deeply cleansed and the skin tone is even out.
* 2 bars of dark chocolate (with more that 70% cocoa)
* 150 ml. milk (preferably warm)
* 1 teaspoon of sea salt
How to make this mask:
1. Warm up the milk (optional, but I think it works better) and mix it with the sea salt.
2. Melt the chocolate bars in the microwave or in a boiler. You can also chop them in small pieces beforehand if you want them to melt faster.
3. Mix the chocolate with the milk-salt blend. Stir well.
4. Leave the mixture cool down a bit. Be careful, it has to be cool but don’t let it harden!
5. Apply the mixture all over you face and neck with fingers, brush or a wooden stick.
6. Leave the mask on your face until the mixture is fully harden (about 15 minutes.)
7. Wash your face with warm water or a muslin cloth. I like to use hot cloth as it removes better, I feel like but it’s totally up to you.
8. Follow up with you favorite moisturizer and enjoy your lovely soft and radiant skin! :)
So there you have it beauties – one of my favorite home-made masks. Please let me know if you end up trying it. I really love it and it puts me in such a great mood afterwards. Just have in mind a massive chocolate craving may occur during the making of this mask haha! ;) Have a fab week sweets!