Valentine’s Day is in two days and even though I am not the biggest fan of the holiday, this year I feel very festive. Love is in the air, they say and apparently it got to me at last haha. To celebrate the occasion, I decided to do something special to my nails and what better thing to do than little pink hearts! To spice them up a bit though, I went for my favorite Ombre effect, which is really fun and easy to do and at the same time adds that special touch to the design. It is lovely. If you fancy doing something different to your nails and adding some girly, romantic touch to your outfit - sit back and dive with me into the tutorial. Hope you enjoy! :)
1. To do this nail art you will need: a lighter nail polish to serve as base and two /thee darker shades to make the gradient effect. Also, make sure you have top coat, a pair of scissors, scotch tape and foundation sponge.
2. The first thing you need to do is to obviously decide which colors you are going to use into the design. For my base, I went for my all time favorite nail polish Essie –Fiji (review here). For the pinks, I decided to use just two colors but you can use three if you prefer. The lighter pink I used is I Pink I Can by Sally Hansen and the darker one is Party In My Cabbana by OPI (review here).
3. Paint your nails with the lightest shade and make sure you apply at least two coats so that it is not transparent.
4. Then take a piece of scotch tape, fold it in half and cut out half a heart from it. Stick it carefully on top of the finger you will be painting. Make sure that the lightest color is fully dry before placing the tape; otherwise it may disturb the base.
5. Then take your scissors and cut down to size the sponge. Make sure the surface is as flat as possible.
6. Now for the fun part – start applying generous amount of each nail polish onto the sponge.
7. Then start lightly padding it on top of the heart hole. Continue padding until you get the desired look. Depending on how many nails you’ll do, have in mind that you’ll need to reapply polish on the sponge for each of them or the color won’t be as vibrant and opaque.
8. Wait for a few moments until the polish starts to dry and carefully remove the tape. Set everything with top coat. I love Sally Hansen Double Duty (review here) as it gives beautiful high-shine finish.
Voila!! How adorable is this little nail art, I love how it turned out and I am now even more excited for V-Day! I hope you found this tutorial helpful; have a fantastic day of love!
Lots of love,