Well hello there! Long time no see… But oh my, how much I’ve missed just sitting there on my laptop with a nice cup of
chocolate wine and pouring out my heart on a sheet of paper! It’s surely
been a while and I feel like I owe you all a big apology! I really am terribly sorry that I’ve been so
quiet on here and on all my social media channels over the past few months. But
you know how this one goes – life happens and this time it just took the better
of me. If you’re regular down these parts, I am sure you’ve all probably
guessed that something was wrong. Having said that, thank you to all of you who
took the time to e-mail me asking what was happening and where have I been.
Your support means the world to me!
A lot of people seemed to think that I’ve quit blogging and I’m here to tell you that this is definitely not the case. I love my little blog with all my heart and I will not leave it for the world. RosyChicc has always been my happy place and I intend for it to stay that way. Sometimes though, things do get messy and a little bit sad and I feel like that’s just part of life. A part that not many people like to talk about of social media but I am a firm believer that we need to portray not only the good, but a little bit of the bad too. Life is not always a walk in the park and that’s okay. Sometimes we need to face the troubles in order to acknowledge all the good we actually have. A lot of times things will get ugly, it will hurt, but we need to learn from that and grow as people.
Over the past few months a lot of things changed for me. I won’t go into too much detail as there are third parties involved but let’s just say that I reached my lowest point in life. There are a ray of emotions and feeling floating in my head right now. There are things that I still don’t quite understand. What I do know is that I had the time to reflect back on a lot of things and there are some pretty valuable life lessons that I’ve learned recently. I will never be the same person again. I will never be the naïve girl who only sees the good in people. I will never be like that again. I learned it the hard way but hey – life goes on right? There are so many things yet to be learned and for the first time in my life I feel ready! Ready for the good and the bad. But for now I’ll just leave you with some things that I realized when I did my soul-searching recently. These are the things that I’ll always carry with me and I hope they help some of you too:
1. It’s okay to seek help. If you’ve been following my little blog for a while then you may know that I suffer from anxiety. I know, I know – a rather controversial topic in the blogging community but you know what? I don’t really care. Even though a lot of people might say that I am ‘yet another blogger suffering from anxiety and panic attacks looking for attention’, I actually believe that this is a topic I must address as it’s something that’s been controlling my life for years now. The reason why I am mentioning it is because I finally sought help. After years of refusing to get professional help, a few months ago I finally got the courage and called a therapist. It wasn’t easy at first but let me just tell you – it’s the best decision I’ve ever made and I feel proud of myself. For calling, for finding the inner strength to actually go and stick with it. I’ve already stared feeling better and I am looking forward to my next session. My point is – don’t be afraid to seek help. There is nothing to be ashamed or worried about, I promise. And it really does help, so if you’re struggling with something mental health related – just pick up the phone and book an appointment. It’s liberating.
2. We are our worst enemy. We all have a vast array of demons in our minds and that’s okay. What’s not okay though is letting them ruining or controlling your life. If there is something your don’t like about yourself – bloomin’ change it. It might take a while but that’s not important. Make that flaw your number one priority and work every singe day towards removing it from your life. Acknowledging the fact that we are not perfect is the first step to growing as people and the change must start from within. Also, don’t criticize others, they are in the same boat as you and have things to improve. We all do, just don’t let your weaknesses defeat you.
3. The truth will set you free. Honestly really is the best policy and always saying the truth is the way forward. I’ve happened to fully comprehend that the hard way but hey! I am kind of glad that things went down that road because I’ve leaned a lot of things about myself and learned that saying the truth is always my best bet. Unfortunately, things did get ugly at some point and the only right thing to do was for me to come clean and let it all out. It was the most liberating feeling and words cannot describe how happy and proud of myself I am that I got the courage to say the truth. It made me realize that being honest with people, as well as with yourself, is what we should always strive to do. We owe that to the people we love and to ourselves as well.
4. Forgiveness is the best gift you can give to someone. Again, I learned that the hard way but it is actually so true. If someone has hurt your feelings and they are truly sorry – give them a second chance. We all make mistakes; it’s in our nature. No one is perfect after all, so try and be more forgiving. I know how hard it gets sometimes but you don’t want to loose someone you love without giving them the chance to prove themselves and show you how much they actually care about you.
5. You need to loose yourself in order to find yourself.
6. Unconditional love does not exist. Having said that, I still have some hope left. Even though the Universe has done the impossible to take that hope away, I still have faith. Cuz you know what? This is the way I understand love. But this is not the selfish type. It's the kind that conquers all and gets stronger and stronger with every storm that passes. And if the ego comes in the way? Well then it’s simply not the one.
7. Actions speak a thousand times louder than words. I am someone who doesn’t believe in words. Words don’t mean a single thing if you do nothing to back them up. Remember that the next time you make a promise to someone and give them your word. I know I will.
8. Dreams don’t work unless you do. Always keep pushing, trying and fighting harder. Go get what you want. No one is going to make your dreams come true. The only person responsible for your happiness is you. Chase it and don’t let go. Because otherwise? Well someone may as well hire you to build their dreams. And we don’t want that, do we?
If you’ve come down to here – congratulations and I am sorry for this uber long post. We all know I tend to ramble sometimes. I just really felt the need to share all this with you before I continue on with my regular beauty and lifestyle posts. I feel like I am finally ready to get back to blogging, so keep your eyes peeled for lots of exciting content coming your way. I’ve decided to *attempt* and do Blogmas this year but *shhhh*, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and take things one-step at a time, shall we! See you all tomorrow with some monthly faves and till then I just wanted to say a massive thank you all for reading and making my blog a place full of love. It’s much appreciated!
Lots of love,